Tips on creating a photo book you’ll be proud of:
1) Have a central theme. Maybe it’s “2012” and you do a page for each month. Or what about “Our Adventures” and you include photos from your outings and travels throughout the year. “Smiles”, include the obvious, smiles of your favorite people.
2) Less is more. I personally love books that have a strong and large image on each page, or a single image across two pages (a spread).
3) Sort your photos before your get started. Save them in a folder so they are easy to upload in one action. Trust me, this will save you a lot of time. Aim for 2-3 images x the number of pages you want in your end book.
4) Choose a layout that best matches your images. If you are going to put more than one photo on a page, use layouts that match the content of your photo. Don’t crop out important details. Also, be sure all the photos on the page have a central theme. Even if they are from different events, keeping the photos of the same person will make the page feel more unified and not random.
5) Research printing options. Search for reviews before you start working on your book. Be sure the company you choose meets your needs. Do you want an eBook and a print book? Do you want to be able to print more than one run of your book? Do you want to use your Instagram or Facebook photos? Hard cover? Soft cover?
About our affiliate BLURB:: Today through Monday, 12/3 create the perfect personalized gift and get 25% Off with Blurb when you use promo code HOLIDAYTHANKS. Blurb books are a great way to make thoughtful gifts for friends and family. Also, don’t forget, with Blurb you can now create a photo book in just 1 night by uploading your Instagram and Facebook images. To receive your Blurb Book by Christmas, using ground shipping, the deadline is 12/10! Don’t miss out on these great savings and create your Blurb book today!